Does your home appeal to millennial buyers? If you’re not sure, here’s what you need to focus on.
Millennials now make up the majority of homebuyers in the real estate market, so how can we make our homes appeal to them when we list? Here’s what millennial buyers like:
1. Convenience. They like updates and renovations to already be done so they won’t have to do any themselves when they move in.
2. Open concept. Imagine a floor plan where the kitchen flows into the living room. Though millennials prefer open areas in homes, they won’t refuse to buy homes that are more traditional.
3. Home offices. They like to have an office space in the home, if possible.
4. Location. They’re more concerned about convenience and being located close to public transportation, popular areas, etc.
“Millennials now make up the majority of homebuyers.”
5. Low maintenance. If they don’t have to do a lot around the house, they’re happier.
6. Technology. Millennials like built-in sound systems, smart-home features, security installations, etc.
7. Energy efficiency. They like solar panels and anything else that keeps utility bills to a minimum.
8. Good photography. Bad pictures have no place in your home’s online listing page. The more professional you can make your pictures, the better chance you’ll have in finding a millennial buyer.
If you have any questions or need further information, feel free to reach out to me. I look forward to hearing from you soon.