Many have been asking me about how much it costs to sell a home. Today I’ll cover the expenses you can expect when you undergo the home-selling process.
Just because you sell your home for, say, $500,000, it doesn’t mean that you’ll get a check for $500,000 when you go to the closing table. Here are some fees that you can expect to come out of that amount:
- Real estate commission fees
- Deed stamps (which cost $3.70 per each $1,000)
- Deed preparation (attorney) fees
- Prorated taxes
- Any HOA transfer fees or estoppel fees
- Miscellaneous fees (wire fees, courier fees, etc.)
Hopefully, this list will help give you a better idea of what to expect when you sell your property. If you have any questions about this or about selling your home in general, reach out to me today. I’d be glad to help.